Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Shows!!! Part 2

So to continue on with my rabbit, chicken and cat show series I found that all the traveling, moving around and excitement really tires these animals out.

As everybody in the world knows since I never shut up about it..I have no camera ...so Mr B let me use his little point and shoot. This turned out to be a good thing. The little lens fit right through the bars of the cage and I tuned off the flash and beeps. I was able to get a few good pics.

So when you are at a show you have to come up with many different ways to get a few minutes of sleep.

Baby New Zealand Rabbits
 These young New Zealands find taking turns napping in a group setting works for them. This is the only place in the show where you find rabbits together. They are babies in the Meat Pen class.

French Lop
This French Lop uses his ear to rest on..very clever I say. There are different types of Lops. A lop is a rabbit with hanging ears. There are Mini Lops, French Lops, Holland Lops, Velveteen Lops , Giant Lops and others I can't think of right now. I have trouble telling most of them apart. So we will just call them Lops :)


Flemish Giant
Some like this Flemish Giant just flop right out, keeping his toy close by.

He is really out for the count!!

Lop
This little  Lop was trying to stay awake but finally gave up.

Nankin
This little Nankin hen sleeps with one eye open.


Nankin

ChickChick PeepPeep conked out after his big best of breed win


Silkie

George the Silkie rooster caught a few winks here and there.

Belgian Hare
This Belgian Hare was stretching after sleeping in this pic. Looks like he woke up on the wrong side of the bed! The Belgian Hare is an endangered Breed and this was the first time I have ever seen one. There will be way more about this breed in another post soon!!


This black hen looks dead but is actually stretched out sound asleep!

French Lop
To bright with all the lights??? Then cover your eyes with your ears. Works great for this French Lop.


Sometimes you have to sleep standing up.


Lop
This little lop slept in a corner


Puff up and make yourself big then maybe people will let you sleep!


Netherland Dwarf

This little Netherland Dwarf is so tired. These guys are little rabbits with huge eyes and short ears. Adorable!

Flemish Giant

Mr Flemish giant just flops out. These are huge rabbits weighing up to 20 lbs. I use to own one named Rupert and they are very sweet and docile.

Lop

This little lop seems to be saying Should I sleep or not??

Lop
What a face!!

Lop
This guy looks super tired.

Mini Rex
Another wiped out bunny. This is a Mini Rex and they have a velvet like fur that is super soft to the touch. A great breed.

Hairless Sphinx
Hey..this is not a rabbit or a chicken..oh yeah..the cat show. I think i woke him up.

Persian
Open your eyes, come on you can do it. This guys head kept bobbing up and down!

Mini Rex
Another velvet bunny taking a nap.

Mille Fleur

Mille Fleur
This Mille Fleur Hen certainly is beautiful.




Too much going on?? Just stick your head in the cup and all will go away. Part Ostrich maybe??

New Zealand
Finally the best of all..who needs a pillow????

4 comments:

Mytutorlist.com said...

I like the creative use of rabbit ears as pillows and eye covers! :D

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Oh! I do so love the rabbits! Great photos!

Rosebud Collection said...

You know, I never realize there were so many different kinds of rabbits..It is something I never thought about. What beautiful pictures and thanks for the information..Even chickens..Heck, the only one I remember so well,as a child..A fighting rooster we had and he chased me up a tree..Course we never used him for fighting..Someone gave him and a few hens to my dad..He was a nasty little guy..The hens were good layers, but it was dangerous trying to get the eggs..haha.

dellartist said...

Great photos! Have to admit I have a soft spot in my heart for the kitties - and the bunnies, too. Love the New Zealand snoozing on his dish.